Saturday, December 10, 2011

12 Days: A Modern Twist on The Twelve Days of Christmas edited by Shelley Silas

Synopsis at www.goodreads.com

A modern twist on "The Twelve Days of Christmas," this collection of playful tales makes a perfect stocking stuffer.


"On the first day of Christmas my true love gave to me…" From a partridge in a pear tree to twelve drummers drumming, here is a collection sure to please even the Scroogiest of readers. Taking the classic Christmas song as inspiration, these twelve stories from some of Britain’s finest contemporary writers are in turn playful, funny, poignant, suspenseful, and magical. No matter what you feel about the festive season, you will find stories here that will lift the spirit, warm the heart, and entertain.

My Comment :

As with most compilation of short stories, there are bound to be some stories which i like and some I don't really care about.

In this book, I found myself disliking many of the stories rather than liking them. On particular story that I like was Nine Ladies Dancing by Lauren Henderson

Some authors are born to write novel and not short stories. Maybe that's why when they write short stories, I find that the short are lacking in character and the unique charm which each of the author had when they write novel.

For me it's not a very Christmassy read.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails