Monday, June 11, 2012

All You Need is Love by Carole Matthews

Synopsis from www.goodreads.com

This is a romantic comedy set in Liverpool about Sally Freeman - a twenty-something single mum and superwoman - and her bid to make her world a better place. Hopelessly in love with her is Johnny - an artist with not a penny to his name - and Spencer Knight - a rich city slicker with a Porsche and a penthouse apartment. Sally wants to improve the dreary estate where she lives and she enlists the help of the locals to plant a garden and build a community centre. But will she choose the right man to love?

My Comments :

In the beginning I thought this book is another trash that I have picked up coz I did not like the first chapter. It sounded a bit like one of the moaning about life and everything under the sun type of book.

However, I am glad the story improved as I read on. 

I can't really say that I love the main character, Sally Freeman. Yes, she had been through a lot. Getting pregnant at a tender again, being single mom, having an alcoholic dad and having to move out on her own and all that stuff. But look here, nearly everyone in this world is going through these type of things one time or another.


What saves the book for me is her son, Charlie and her ex-boyfriend Johnny. Both of them have sunny character and an endearing innocents. Reading how they react and does things certainly brightens up the reading for me. 


One thing still puzzle me even at the end of the book is why did Spencer Knight falls in love with Sally. That is the only thing that I feel that the author did not address satisfactory.


Overall, this is certainly a relaxing read by the pool. For me it was four stars out of five.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails