Friday, June 28, 2013

Inferno by Dan Brown



Synopsis from www.goodreads.com

Dan Brown’s new novel, Inferno, features renowned Harvard symbologist Robert Langdon and is set in the heart of Europe, where Langdon is drawn into a harrowing world centred around one of history’s most enduring and mysterious literary masterpieces.

As Dan Brown comments: “Although I studied Dante’s Inferno as a student, it wasn’t until recently, while researching in Florence, that I came to appreciate the enduring influence of Dante’s work on the modern world. With this new novel, I am excited to take readers on a journey deep into this mysterious realm…a landscape of codes, symbols, and more than a few secret passageways.”


My Comment :

First, I would like to thank Cleffairy for giving me this copy of "Inferno" by Dan Brown to read.

It took a lot of patience to really start getting hang of this book. As usual, everything in the beginning was confusing and the short snippets of a chapter here and a chapter there did not help. Who is Provost? Why are there people chasing Robert and trying to kill him?

Plot wise it's pretty similar to Da Vinci Code and Angel and Demons, which I loved. It was full of suspense and thrill of the chase.

I find that reading this book feels "educational", not in a bad sense but rather it inspired me to google and find out more of the things that he mentioned in the book . For example, it made me want to read Dante's work. I have download Dante's work from Project Gutenberg. Hopefully I can find time to read it.


Also I learnt quite a few interesting facts such as the horrifying origin of Ring Around The Roses nursery rhyme.

I can't help feeling a bit upset at that ending. Let me give you a hint...it's something like what happen in Mockingjay (The Hunger Games)

Nevertheless am giving it full stars as I like the story very much. It's a book that inspire me to read more of other books and I can say that I've learn a lot of interesting facts and ideas from it. Aren't it wonderful to have fun while learning?

1 comment:

煒霖 said...

I keep on saw this book in the book store, wanted to buy it, but I still haven't finished all the books in my hand!!! =]

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails