Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Something Blue (Darcy & Rachel #2) by Emily Giffin



Synopsis from www.goodreads.com

Darcy Rhone has always been able to rely on a few things: Her beauty and charm.  Her fiance, Dex. Her lifelong best friend, Rachel.  She never needed anything else. Or so she thinks until Dex calls off their dream wedding and she uncovers the ultimate betrayal. 

Blaming everyone but herself, Darcy flees to London and attempts to re-create her glamorous life on a new continent. But to her dismay, she discovers that her tried-and-true tricks no longer apply--and that her luck has finally expired. It is only then that she can begin her journey toward redemption, forgiveness, and true love

My Comments

It was an "ok" sort of read for me. I have expected more of this book as I have heard good things about this author.

However, I was disappointed that 2/3 of the book have been about how self-centered the heroine, Darcy, is. I think that was a bit too much.

It was quite unbelievable based on this shallow character who was 5months pregnant being able to attract her Gynae to falls for her. It was a bit far fetch to me even in a chit lit.


Hence am giving this two stars out of 5 stars 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails